The Estate Data team at Estate Management are responsible for the information held on the University's live space database Micad, as well as keeping an up to date record of all the CAD drawings/floor plans of the University's buildings on both Micad and Buzzsaw.
Guidance on viewing and managing our space data is provided below. If you require further information or have any queries, please contact the team at:-
Estate Data Team
Space data audits and surveys
It is the responsibility of Faculties and Departments to notify the Space management team of any inaccuracies in the data and any changes to the size, type, or use of space. Departments are also asked to participate in an annual audit to ensure that the records held on our Micad space management system are accurate and up to date. The space management/CAD team also carry out a number of surveys on buildings across the estate throughout the year.
- Space audit guidance
- Requesting a Space Survey - please contact us if you would like to arrange a space survey.
Space Information and Guidance
- Building Information - viewing floor plans, building codes, names, occupancy details, and how to make changes to the information in Micad (cam-only).
- Requests for additional space or to release space - application forms and information are provided on the Planning & Resource Allocation's website.
- Space guidelines - the University's space guidelines were formally approved by the Resource Management Committee in October 2016.
- Room use guidelines
- Sharing space with third parties (embedded space) - guidance is provided on the Planning & Resource Allocation's website.