Micad is a web based system that holds live space management information for the University’s estate based on CAD floor plans. Data from the system is used for government funding exercises including TRAC (Transparent Approach to Costing), RAM (Resource Allocation Model) and the Estate Management Return (HEFCE).
Key information currently held on Micad includes:-
- Building location maps with facts and figures on each building, as well as floor plans and room information for each building;
- Department Occupancy records and Space usage information;
- Room booking and utilisation monitoring;
- Building Condition survey reports;
- Compliancy reports for both statutory and non-statutory elements;
- Asbestos management information.
Who uses the tool and how to access it?
A wide range of users use the system including various academic and administrative departments within the University. User accounts are set up by the systems administrator, please email our helpdesk if you would like an account set up for you.
There are two types of access to Micad:
- Micad Portal (click on the link to access the log-in page) is a read-only view and provides floor plans and occupancy data.
- Internet Property Register (IPR) is the full system containing various modules which can be updated, and which is also used for reporting. It is only used by internal EM staff.
The Micad Portal has recently been upgraded and now has a new look and feel, as well as improved features - click here to see the flyer.
- Micad training documents
- Micad Governance
- Micad Room Booking page
- How to reset your Micad Portal Password
- Estate Data