The Property Management team are the first point of contact for all professional property advice in relation to the valuation, purchase, leasing and disposal of properties on the University’s Operational and Non-Operational estates.
We also have direct responsibility for negotiating and agreeing the terms of all property related transactions and for providing strategic property advice.
Finally, we are responsible for the day to day management of properties on the Non–Operational estate.
Property advice on the University’s urban estate is provided in the following key areas:
- Property purchase and disposal
- Taking and granting of leases and licences
- Landlord and Tenant matters including lease renewals, rent reviews, lease termination and service charges
- Business Rates
- Property Ownership
- Strategic property advice
The University’s forestry and agricultural land is managed by the Rural Surveyor at Estate Management. The farm and forestry land is predominately near Cambridge, Girton, Madingley, Lolworth and Lords Bridge. There are also some investment farms which are managed.
The Rural Surveyor provides:
- Professional surveying advice to the University and the University Farm
- The day to day management of the Rural Estate
- Farm tenancy advice and rent reviews
- Forestry Management and conservation projects
- Strategic Management of the University Land Bank
- Wayleave and compensation claims
- Valuations and Appraisals